Alert:You must be the Owner or Manager of the location you wish to authorize in Google My Business to complete the authorization process.
Create GMB Authorization for GatherUp
To authorize your Google My Business account in GatherUp, follow these steps:
- Log in to your GatherUp account.
- For Agency/Reseller accounts using Agency Dashboard, you must first select a client.
- Go to Account Owner > Authorization Settings.
4. Click +Add Authorization.
5. Select your Google account in the modal.
6. Click Allow to give permission to GatherUp to access the account. You can revoke permission at any time. See Remove GMB Authorization for GatherUp.
7. Click Close to exit the Success modal. You will see a label, Authorized, followed by the number of accounts and any issues. Select View Details for more information.
PRO TIP:You may receive an error message from the Google My Business API. The following errors require action within your Google My Business account to resolve.
- "Inadequate Permissions"
- In GatherUp, the URL and/or PlaceID for that location may be obsolete. Use GatherUp Google Review Links Generator to generate the correct Google Write a Review link for any business.
- The listing may not exist in Google My Business. Go to your Google My Business account to create and verify your listing. Reverify if necessary.
If your issue is not resolved with the above solutions and you continue to experience difficulty adding a location, you can remove the authorization in both your GatherUp and Google My Business (remove “Review Response”) accounts, wait 15 minutes, refresh both screens, and try again.
Remove GMB Authorization for GatherUp
To remove GMB Authorization completely and no longer allow GatherUp access, go to https://myaccount.google.com/permissions and remove the “ReviewResponse” App.