Import a customer list for multiple locations in GatherUp using Import Customers: Multiple Locations.
To import customers to multiple locations follow these steps:
- Log in to your GatherUp account.
- From the Business Dashboard go to Requests > Import Customers.
- In the modal select Upload for multiple locations and click Continue.
4. In Import Customers: Multiple Locations click Choose File to select your file and click Open. File must be .xls, .xlsx, or .csv file format, 3MB or less, and required fields include:
- Business ID
- First name
- Last name
- Email address OR mobile phone (if including Mobile Number, we recommend including the country code)
Download Multi-location Customer List Example File
5. When opened, the system will work to map columns found in your file to available fields in GatherUp including:
- Nothing (skip)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job ID
- Custom ID
Review the Belongs to: for each column found and adjust as needed. When completed, click Finish Adding Subscribers or cancel the import.
6. Once your list has been uploaded and assigned, click Finish Adding Subscribers. Review the Importing Customers - Result and make note of any issues.
- Imported Customers - Customers successfully added via the upload.
- Can include customers whose phone number was invalid (and removed) but whose email is valid
- Duplicate Customers - Customers not imported because they already exist in the platform and/or have not met the Repeat Customer Feedback threshold.
- Invalid Customers - Customers not imported because data was missing or incorrect. Likely data issues include:
- Missing first name, last name, or email/phone
- An incorrect email address (such as aaron@aolcom, the "dot" in .com is missing).
- Invalid BusinessId's - Customers not imported due to an invalid business ID.
Repeat customers will be uploaded if the Repeat Customer Feedback threshold has been met.
7. Click Close to be taken back to Customer Activity. New customers are now added.