Kiosk Mode is a unique URL provided by GatherUp that you can use on a tablet or other device to request 1st-party feedback from your customer when they are on-site.
Why doesn't Kiosk Mode request reviews from a customer?
When a customer leaves feedback using Kiosk Mode, online review links will not be included on the feedback landing page. Requesting an online review from your Kiosk Mode would result in all reviews coming from the same IP address which would result in reviews being filtered or removed.
However, you can select to send a Review Request email to a customer that gives a positive rating. The email will be sent directly to the customer's email inbox. This allows the customer to leave an online review from the their own IP address. The email will be opened on the customer's personal device. It is more likely they will be logged in to Facebook, Google or other review platforms making it easier for them to leave a review.
You can turn on and customize the Positive Email - Review Request for Kiosk Mode customers. This allows you to word the email in a way that acknowledges the kiosk experience and encourages an online review.
Send a Review Request Email to Customers That Leave Positive Feedback Using Kiosk Mode
To customize and turn on the Review Request email for positive feedback received using Kiosk Mode follow these steps:
- Log in to your GatherUp account.
- If you have multiple locations, select the location you would like to turn on the Review Request for Kiosk Mode for from the Business Dashboard.
- From the menu, go to Requests > Kiosk Mode.
4. In the section Kiosk Mode: Positive Email - Review Request click the toggle to ON.
5. Click Edit to customize the Review Request subject line and body. Click Save and Send Test Email to preview. When completed, click Save.