Use Zapier to integrate GatherUp with your specific tech to pass customer information into GatherUp and automate requests.
More examples can be found here: https://zapier.com/help/GatherUp/
Zapier Makes It Easy To Import Customers
Many customers have asked us for an efficient and easy way to import customers from other web services and online apps. Until now, you had to manually export your customers and import them into GatherUp, or you could build your own integration with our API.
Zapier gives us and our clients an efficient and easy way to import customers from other web services and online apps. Zapier was created to automate those type of tasks between online apps without the need for development teams and coding knowledge.
Quick Setup List
- Create a Zapier Account and a GatherUp Account (if you don't have one yet)
- Create a Zap with your favorite Web App and GatherUp
- Turn your Zap on.
- Switch your GatherUp communication method to "Automatic"
- That's it!
Tools you need:
- A Zapier Account
- A GatherUp Account
- An account for the software you’d like to integrate to GatherUp - Google Sheets in this example
Information you need:
- Login Information for your three accounts listed above
- GatherUp ClientID and PrivateKey. To access this info, see the steps in this Userguide: https://userguide.gatherup.com/knowledge-base/gatherup-api-client-key-and-business-id/
Automate Feedback Request Example Using Zapier
The following example will create a new customer in GatherUp and send out a feedback request email whenever a new row is added to the bottom of the Google Sheet. You can, of course, choose a different Web App and you can set a different trigger other than row added.
1. Log into Zapier and on the left-hand menu, roll over the Black + sign and click “MAKE A ZAP”
2. Next, you can name your Zap in the upper left-hand corner and choose your trigger app. We are using Google Sheets as an example. Use the search box to find the app.
3. Choose what your trigger should be. For example whenever a New Spreadsheet Row is added to the bottom of a spreadsheet.
Pro-tip: If you haven’t already, now is a good time to put some examples into your Google Sheet, I copied the data from GatherUp’s Customer List Import Template and pasted it into a blank Google Sheet for my example content.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions. With the test successful, it’s time to add an Action for the Zap to complete. This can be achieved by searching for and selecting GatherUp under the “Do This” section that has appeared.
5. For GatherUp, the action is super simple and straightforward, “Create Customer”
6. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to Select a GatherUp Account. If you’ve never added a GatherUp account, click “Edit accounts” to connect your account. If a new account is needed, use the search bar to find GatherUp, then click on it.
7. Enter the API Key, Client Key and Business ID from your GatherUp Account Owner Details Screen. Then click the “Yes, Continue” button.
Once you have your account connected, you’ll be taken back to the Zap Creation Screen, where you can finish following the on-screen instructions.
Please note that some fields are required.
When your fields are filled out as you wish, click Continue.
8. Now you can test and review your Zap.
With your test successful, click Done Editing and Turn on your Zap on the next screen.
9. Log into your GatherUp account, navigate to the Customer Activity Screen for your business location, and set the communication method to “Automatic Mode”. More info here.
You are all done!
Thanks to Zapier and GatherUp your integration options are endless.
We would love to know how you are utilizing Zapier. Ping us with your ideas and suggestions on how to make GatherUp even easier for you.